Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Dances with Wolves

I would say it was a Western-Drama Epic. It has Indians, Shows people at their highest and lowest and it has the super wide open landscapes and shots like an epic would have. Also a ton of extras.

I really think the music helped push the story forward and really gave even deeper emotion into the story.
1. During the buffalo hunt, the music really helped with the excitement.
2. When Dances with Wolves and Stands with a fist hookup that also gave emotion into the scene.
3. When Dances with Wolves is captured by the soldiers and the Sioux come rescue him in the river. The music really gave you a sense of excitement and it helped show that he is accepted into their group.

The music paralleled the sound when certain events would happen. Like when something shocking would happen they would make the sound effect volume go very high up and also make the music really loud during that part.

I thought the acting was very good. I especially liked Kicking Bird and Wind in His Hair. I thought that they both did a phenomenal job!

I though the directing was very good. Especially since this was Kevin Costner's directorial debut!

The music was absolutely incredible! It can be making you cheer, to super angry and then bring you to the verge of tears. Absolutely amazing.

I really enjoyed this film. This was my first time viewing of it and I already wish I could go back and watch it for the first time again! I think this film won the Oscar because it was really a different take on western film. Most of the westerns show the Natives as being "Thieves and beggars" and this shed a whole new light on what they probably went through!

No comments:

Post a Comment